Driblab aspires to be an organisation that reflects the globally diverse audience that our products and technology serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services.
Driblab’s team aspires to develop the next-generation of products that change how millions of users perceive the professionals sports world and how decision-making is made. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond infographics. We’re looking for new talent who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information presentation, infographics, largescale system design, data storage, artificial intelligence; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a Front-End Junior Software Engineer, you will work on a variety of specific projects critical to Driblab’s needs with opportunities to create new projects, pitch new ideas to the board as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our employees to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the whole spectrum as we continue to push innovation forward.
Driblab is and always will be an innovation company. We hire people with a broad set of technical and social skills who are ready to take on some of sports greatest challenges and make an impact on all of our clients and potential clients. At Driblab, employees not only revolutionise the sports world, they routinely work on massive scalability and innovative solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for scouts, coaches, Presidents and sports professionals around the world. The Front-End Junior Software Engineer will report directly to the Head of Technology.
The position is based in our Offices in Madrid (near Puerta de Toledo), where you will collaborate with our experienced team using the latest technologies in data visualisation (D3.js), front-end (Vue.js), back-end (Java 8) and other fields. You will directly develop and extend our product with new features from day one as well as contribute to the improvement of current features with new ideas.
• Develop, design, troubleshoot, test, maintain, deploy and improve our internal application front-end.
• Development of new visualisations and enhancement of visualisations already in place.
• Boosting of Unit Test and Integration Test coverage of applications.
• Pitch new ideas to the CTO about about new developments, bugs and such.
• Research new developments from key sources as well as competitors to develop new models, products and tools.
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
• Provide support ad-hoc for Madribble activities (our basketball branch) when needed.
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practica experience.
• At least one year of Software Development Experience in either Angular, React or Vue.js
• Knowledge of data structure design
• Knowledge in Node.js
• Knowledge in module bundlers like Webpack and other tools like Gulp, Babel and JSHint
• Knowledge in Git
• Good communication skills both English and Spanish
• Comfortable reading/writing
• Master’s degree or further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
• Experience in data visualisation, especially using D3.js
• Experience using Vue.js and Vuetify
• Interest in Sports
• Interest to learn new coding languages as needed.
Our Tech Stack
• Java 8.
• Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring Data JPA. Hibernate
• Webpack, Gulp
• HTML and CSS. Vuetify.
• R and Python
• Vacation: 25 labor days per year. 4 shall be at employees discretion. 21 need to be approved by Head of Technology. Driblab works under the Capital of Madrid festivities for local holidays.
• Work with Apple products provided by Driblab.
• Possibility to work from home.
• Free drinks and snacks.
• Opportunity to find and explore new ideas or projects with Driblab’s founders and employees.
• Young and collaborative business environment.
• Flexible hours.